Welcome to Commercial Point!
We understand that moving can be overwhelming so we wanted to follow up on the things we talked about in our phone conversation. If you have any questions, please call (614) 877- 9248 ext. 2.
The Village of Commercial Point operates its own water and sewer utilities. Utility bills are sent out at the end of each month. After receiving your first bill by U.S. Mail, you may then select the option to receive all future bills by email.
Utility bill payments are due by the 15th of the following month. Payments may be made by:
1) Auto Pay – Payments are automatically withdrawn from your checking account every month. There is no charge for this service and there are never any late fees!
2) Online – You may make a payment online using a credit/debit card. There is a fee of $3.00 or 3%, whichever is greater, for each payment.
3) In-Person – You may bring a check or cash to the office during normal business hours. Exact change is required. No credit/debit cards are accepted at the office.
4) Drop Box – You may drive up and drop off a check in our drop box located on the west side of the Municipal Building.
5) U.S. Mail – You may send your payment to our office through the U.S. Mail.
You may make billing and payment selections on our website at: commercialpointohio.gov Once on the web page, go to the Utility tab to complete the action.
Utility Rates are as follows:
- Water (5000 gallons) $30.00
- Sewer (5000 gallons) $30.00
- Trash Service $13.71
- Curbside Recycling Service $4.40
- Water Tower Maintenance Fee $5.25
(usage over 5000 gallons is billed $.0060 per gallon for water and for sewer)
Senior Citizens 62 years and older can receive a 10% discount on their trash service, call for more information.
Trash pick-up day is Tuesday. Pick-up starts very early, so please put your trash out on Monday night to ensure that it gets picked up. Curbside recycling runs every other Tuesday. Please refer to the Village website for the schedule of pick-up dates and for a list of items that can be recycled.
The Village has a .75% Municipal Income Tax that is collected and administered by the Regional Income Tax Authority. The Teays Valley School District also has an income tax of 1.5%. Please advise your employers to withhold these taxes. If your employer will not withhold the Village tax, please contact RITA at 1-800-860-7482 to be set up for quarterly payments and thereby avoid the possibility of end-of-year interest and penalties.
Once again, welcome to Commercial Point. We’re glad you’re here!