Skip to content


Jim Kuzelka
Jim Kuzelka

Zoning Administrator 

Jim Kuzelka

Zoning Administrator email is


Permit Information/Zoning Code

Before starting any project, it is best to contact the Commercial Point Zoning Administrator at (614) 877-9248 ext. 4.  He will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with all of the costs, forms and information relating to your individual situation.  

Zoning permits are required for new construction, demolition and some remodeling projects.  Some additional items requiring permits are, but not limited to:

  • Garages

  • Storage Buildings

  • Decks & Patios

  • Fences

  • Swimming Pools

  • Signs

In addition to a zoning permit, some projects may also require a building permit.  It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the Circleville Building Department for building permits.  The Circleville Building Department may be reached at (740) 477-8282.

All requests for combining, splitting and re-zoning of Village lots require an application to be filed, fees to be paid and a public hearing held.  Requests for these types of items are independently reviewed and decided upon by the Village Council.  The Zoning Administrator can help you with this process as well.
Zoning Application Guidelines

  1. All completed applications must be filed with the Municipal Office prior to the start of any work.

  2. All fees and costs must be submitted with completed applications.

  3. Marker pins of any proposed project must be in place prior to submission of the application.  New construction lots must also set property marker pins in addition to project marker pins.

  4. A plot plan must be submitted with this application.  The plot plan should indicate the following:

    1. All existing structure locations.

    2. The proposed project location.

    3. All property line boundaries.

    4. Direction indicator

    5. Measurements of every structure and boundary line.

  5. Parcel numbers may be obtained by calling the Pickaway County Auditors Office at (740) 474-4765.

  6. The Village of Commercial Point reserves the right to thirty (30) days for all inspections to be completed prior to a zoning permit being issued.  The applicant will be contacted by the Zoning Department after a decision has been made on the application.

  7. A variance may be requested by any applicant that has been denied a zoning certificate by submitting the proper forms and fees to the Municipal Office.  All variance requests must include a list containing the names and mailing addresses of all contiguous property owners.